SharpSpring allows you to create and send an email that can appear to come from any number of people who are designated as a lead owner. With this feature, you will make your leads feel a personal touch while you enjoy the convenience of a single email send. This article will detail how to send from a lead owner.
The following user roles have access to send from lead owner:
- Marketing Manager
To set the lead owner using an action group, do the following:
- Go to Content > Emails.
- Select an existing email, or create a new one.
- Click Send Settings.
- Click the Send from lead owner when using automation engine box.
- Click Save.
NOTE: When scheduling emails to a list, the sender will default to whoever is currently configured as the sender. If you wish to send emails to leads from their lead owner, you should schedule an action group that will send emails to this list.
IMPORTANT! If you are using any Lead Owner merge variables in your email, these will populate with the Lead Owner, even when sending to a List. The from name and from email, however, will be the default sender.
Adding Emails to an Action Group
- Go to Automation > Action Groups.
- Select an existing action group, or go to Options > New Action Group.
- Select the action group timing in the When and what should your action group accomplish section.
- Under Contact Events, select Send the email.
- Enter the name of the email to be sent.
NOTE: If that email has Send from Lead Owner when sending from automation engine enabled, this action will send the email with the Lead Owner’s name and email address instead of the default addresses in the email.
- Click Add Action.
- Click Save Changes.
- Connect your action group to a task, or schedule the action group to a list.
For information on the action group assigning a lead owner, refer to Creating User Group Tags.