Time is money. While that statement is true for all of us in the workforce, it can be especially true for individuals in a sales career. Success in sales requires persistence, creativity, attention to detail, and the ability to help customers envision the problems they will solve by purchasing the product/service/deliverable they are pitching.
With the complexity of what leads to success in sales, there are many challenges that must be overcome. One of the larger challenges relates to how a salesperson manages data. According to a study by ToutApp, 71% of sales reps say they spend too much time on data entry. Thankfully, you can use the Advanced Search feature in SharpSpring to help quickly segment leads based on user defined criteria, reducing the time sales will spend trying to organize their leads in an actionable manner.
If you are not sure where to get started with using the advanced search feature to help your sales team, a few use cases have been summarized below to help get you moving in the right direction.
Tips Getting Started with Advanced Search
- Use the Set as Default Search feature. This sets the default view for your Contact Manager to be respective of the filters applied in the saved search.
- Use Created Date to see leads created before, after, or within a specified timeframe. Add Lead Owner to see a listing of created leads, assigned to a particular salesperson.
- Use Custom Fields to create simple segments based on data unique to your company.
- Use Last Updated Date to see leads updated before, after, or within a specified timeframe. Use Bulk Edit to create a list of these leads, or quickly send a re-engagement email.
- Use Campaigns and Campaign Membership Date to see leads that have been attributed to a campaign or campaigns over a period of time.
- Use Campaigns and Include unassigned contacts to see leads who do not have a campaign.