If you have an email that was designed outside of SharpSpring, you can import these directly into the SharpSpring Email Designer. This article will show how to import emails and templates from .ZIP files.
The following user roles can import emails and templates:
- Company Managers
- Marketing Managers
Email features are accessed through the toolbar.
- Creating .ZIP Files
- Importing Emails via .ZIP Files
- Importing Email Templates via .ZIP Files
- Resolving .ZIP Title Errors
- Ready to Learn More?
Creating .ZIP Files
To import emails, you have to have the HTML of that email in a .ZIP file.
- Save the HTML of your email as index.html.
- Place your index.html file in a folder, along with any images for that email.
- Depending on your operating system, do the following to the folder:
Mac: Right-click > Compress. Windows: Right-click > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
Importing Emails via .ZIP Files
To import emails, do the following:
A message will appear at the top of the screen letting you know the import is processing. Once the import is complete, you will receive an email containing a preview of the email you imported with the .ZIP file.
Importing Email Templates via .ZIP Files
To import templates, do the following:
A message will appear at the top of the screen letting you know the import is processing. Once the import is complete, you will receive an email containing a preview of the template you imported with the .ZIP file.
Resolving .ZIP Title Errors
If you receive the error titled Your file must contain a file named index.html, you must rename the .HTML file to index.html. Imported .ZIP files must be UTF-8 encoded. The .ZIP upload feature in SharpSpring looks for the word index. If the file is named improperly, then the import will fail.
To resolve this issue, do the following:
- Unzip the .ZIP file that contains the HTML email.
- Find the target .HTML file.
- Rename the target .HTML file to index.html.
- Zip up the file.
- Upload the file.