|SharpSpring has several compliance-related tools available for opting in leads.
One such tool is an automated standard double opt-in process.
This article will provide a walkthrough on creating custom opt-in processes.
Creating Double Opt-In Forms and Emails
To create a custom opt-in process, you will first need to create an opt-in email.
Using a double opt-in process validates the email address a lead has provided, in addition to verifying that they would in fact like to receive further communications. For example, this process is useful in requesting that a lead join a mailing list.
To create a double opt-in email, do the following:
- Create a SharpSpring form or a native/third-party form.
- Place your form on either a SharpSpring landing page or website.
- Create an email to verify the lead's email address and/or interest in receiving communication.
- Insert a link or button into the email that asks the lead to confirm or verify they want to receive emails.
- Modify the link or button settings to redirect to the landing page or website.
Creating Opt-In Triggers and Actions
Once you have created the double opt-in email, you will need to apply the appropriate opt-in triggers and actions.
To create a set of triggers and actions, do the following: