SharpSpring has several compliance-related tools available for opting-in leads. One such tool is an automated standard double opt-in process. This article will provide a walkthrough on creating custom opt-in processes.
The following user roles can create opt-in processes:
- Marketing Managers
Automation Opt-In Rules
In SharpSpring, there are two automation rules that are triggered in different ways.
When a lead is explicitly opted in, the rule is triggered when a lead clicks a link. This implicitly gives permission to add them to a list. This rule is also triggered when Opt In To E-mails from a lead record is clicked in the app. When a lead has the field is opted in = true, the rule is triggered only when a workflow changes the is opted in field.
When a lead has an is opted in field, the rule is used when setting up a custom double opt-in automation. The first rule, lead is explicitly opted in, is intended to be used with the system opt-in email that is activated by checking the send opt-in email option from a SharpSpring forms General tab.
Creating Double Opt-In Forms and Emails
To apply an opt-in process, you will need to create an opt-in email. Using a double opt-in process validates the email address a lead has provided, in addition to verifying that they would in fact like to receive further communications. For example, this process is useful in requesting that a lead join a mailing list.
To create a double opt-in email, do the following:
- Create a SharpSpring form or a native/3rd-party form.
- Place your form on either a SharpSpring landing page or website.
- Create an email to verify the lead's email address and/or interest in receiving communication.
- Insert a link or button into the email that asks the lead to confirm or verify they want to receive emails.
- Modify the link or button settings to redirect to the landing page or website.
Creating Opt-In Triggers and Actions
Once you have created the double opt-in email, you will need to apply the appropriate opt-in triggers and actions.
To create a set of triggers and actions, do the following:
- Create a visual workflow.
- Add the fills out the form trigger.
Note: Selecting the fills out any form trigger applies this opt-in process to every available form.
- Select the specific form you wish to use in the opt-in process.
- Below the trigger, add the action send the email.
- Select the email that has a link to opt in.
- Below the action, add the trigger visits from the email.
- Enter the opt-in link in the field By clicking this link (optional).
Note: Make sure to include two astericks (**) at the end of your link. This is a wildcard that will make sure that any UTM parameters that are added after the link do not affect tracking.
- Below that trigger, add the action change contact field.
- Type Is Opted In as the field name.
- Change the value to True.
Ready to Learn More?
- Understanding Email Opt-In Methods
- Importing a Double Opt-Importing a Double Opt-In List
- Creating a Double Opt-In Process