SharpSpring has a ton of email compliance-related tools available for you to opt-in your leads. We have our own standard double opt-in process where we automate the entire process for you. Using a double opt-in process allows you to validate the email address a user has provided, in addition to verifying that they would in fact like to receive communications from us. If you would like to customize the look and feel of the double opt-in process then you may want to create your own custom opt-in process. In order to do this, we’ll need to:
- Create a form that the user fills out
- Create an email asking the lead to verify that they want to receive emails from us
- Create a visual workflow that sends out the email once a lead fills out the form
- Add to the visual workflow an action that changes their opt-in status once they click a link in that email
Step 3: Create an email that will be used to verify the lead's email address and/or interest in receiving communication. This email needs to have a link or button asking the lead to confirm or verify they want to receive emails from us. Below is an example of an opt-in confirmation email.
Step 4: Create a visual workflow with the following rules:
1. Add either the fills out the form trigger and select the form you wish to use in the opt-in process or select the fills out any form trigger and apply this opt-in process to every form.
2. Below the trigger, add the action send the email and select the email that has a link to opt in.
3. Below the action, add the trigger visits from the email and enter the opt-in link in the field By clicking this link (optional).
4. Below that trigger, add the action change contact field, type Is Opted In as the field name and change the value to True.
Congratulations! You’ve finished the walkthrough of how to set up a custom opt-in in SharpSpring.