For this particular use case, we want to create sub-lists of an original list. This can be especially helpful when doing things like test sends of an email to a certain segment of a bulk list we’d eventually like to send to.
The following User Roles have access to split lists:
- Marketing Manager
Follow these steps to split leads in a list into multiple lists.
Step One: On the toolbar, hover over Automation, then on the drop-down, click Lists.
Step Two: Find the list you want to split, then to the right, click the Options button and select Split List.
Step Three: On the Sub-lists pop-up, choose from the following:
1. List Segmentation, select one option:
- Set number of sub-lists will split the list into as many different sublists as you specify.
- Set number of members per sub-lists will split the list based on the amount of leads you specify to be in each sublist.
2. Number of Sub-Lists field, enter how many lists you would like, minimum of 2.
3. Member Order select one option:
- Natural is the order the list is currently in.
- Random segmentation pulls leads randomly into the sublists from any position in the original list.
We will create - Is the number of lists and number of members in each list are displayed and will change as you select different segmentation settings.
4. Once you have made all the selections, click Segment List. Sub-lists are built based and put in a new folder with the name of the list and -Segments as the title.