SharpSpring enables you to integrate your GoToWebinar account to collect information on webinar attendees with SharpSpring forms. Dynamic forms pass first name, last name, and email address information to GoToWebinar. This article will detail how to integrate GoToWebinar with SharpSpring.
The following user roles can modify GoToWebinar settings in SharpSpring:
- Adding a GoToWebinar App
- Obtaining GoToWebinar API Keys
- Integrating GoToWebinar
- Creating GoToWebinar Forms
- Ready to Learn More?
Adding a GoToWebinar App
To obtain GoToWebinar information and add a new app to GoToWebinar, do the following:
- Log in to GoToWebinar's developer web page.
Note: You must have a GoToWebinar license before proceeding.
- In the top toolbar, click My Apps.
- Click Add a new App.
- Insert the following information:
• App Name:
• Product API:
• Application URL:
Note: Replace YourCompanyDomain with the domain you are using with SharpSpring. For example, if Franco's Franks, Inc. is using SharpSpring, their domain may be https://francosfranksinc.marketingautomation.services/settings/gotowebinar/save.
Be aware that the integration will not work unless the application URL is correct.
- Click Create App.
Obtaining GoToWebinar API Keys
To obtain the necessary GoToWebinar API Key, do the following:
- In the top toolbar of GoToWebinar's developer web page, click My Apps.
- Click SharpSpring.
- In the Keys tab, copy the API key information listed under Consumer Key.
To integrate GoToWebinar with SharpSpring, do the following:
- In SharpSpring, click User Settings > Settings.
- In the left side panel, under 3rd-Party Settings, click GoToWebinar Credentials.
- Insert your Consumer Key into the GoToWebinar API Key field.
- Click Save Settings.
Note: It may take a few hours for the status to change from pending to connected.
- Input your GoToWebinar account information.
Note: This account information should match the account for which you are setting up the webinar, and not the developer account.
- Click Login.
Creating GoToWebinar Forms
After integrating GoToWebinar with SharpSpring, you need to add the GoToWebinar field to a SharpSpring form to gather information on attendees. When a visitor finishes filling out the form, they will be registered for the associated webinar.
To create a connected form for GoToWebinar, do the following:
- Create or modify a form.
- In the form's Fields tab, click the Fields drop-down menu.
- Add the following fields:
• First Name
• Last Name
• Any other applicable fields
- Click the GoToWebinar drop-down menu.
- Select the webinar to add to the field.
Note: Do not make the GoToWebinar field hidden.
- Click the Required checkbox for the following fields:
• First Name
• Last Name
Once a form is created, be aware that changes to existing webinar names in GoToWebinar will require re-saving the form in SharpSpring to reflect the changes in the live version of the form.