SharpSpring enables you to import to contacts that have previously unsubscribed to your emails. This article covers how to import a list of unsubscribed contacts in SharpSpring.
The following User Roles can import a list of unsubscribed contacts.
- Marketing Manager
- Sales Manager
Use the following steps to import a list of unsubscribed contacts.
NOTE: Prior to import, make sure that you include a column for isUnsubcribed on your import file. This field should be a boolean field, where 1 is for contacts who are unsubscribed, and 0 is for contacts who are not unsubscribed.
Step One: On the toolbar, click the +New button then on the drop-down, click Import.
Step Two: On the pop-up, perform the following:
- Choose a delimiter.
- Click Choose a File and select the file to import.
- Click Upload.
Step Three: On the Import Contacts List Settings, do one of the following:
- For a new list, select the radio button for New list and enter a name for the list.
- For an update to an existing list, select the radio button for Use existing list, then click in the field and select the list name.
Step Four: Choose from the following selections in the How should we handle duplicates drop-down.
- Do not update field information: If the import file contains a row for an existing contact in SharpSpring, the contents of this row will be ignored. The contact's information will not change with this import.
- Update only new field information: If the import file contains a row for an existing contact in SharpSpring, only new field information will be updated. If there is no new field information, the contact's information will not change with this import.
- Update new and existing field information: If the import file contains a row for an existing contact in SharpSpring, all information will be updated with the information on the import.
NOTE: Make sure that if you are updating contacts that already exist that you choose either Update only new field information or Update new and existing field information.
Step Five: In Mappings CSV Columns, scroll to find Is Unsubscribed, in the right-side of the row, type Is Unsubscribed.
Do not click the checkbox that says Make Custom Field.
Step Six: On the review and confirmation pop-up, review the information and type CONFIRM if you are ready to import, then click Import.
The import may take a few minutes to process depending on size and this message will display as it is building.
NOTE: When the import completes, any lead where isUnsubcribed = 1 will appear under the Exclusions tab for the list. The contacts will also have red text on their contact record stating This person has requested not to be contacted and a life of the lead event for the unsubscribe. Additionally, a list's Exclusions tab counter will display the total number of leads currently excluded from the list.