Lead Gen & CRM's shopping cart abandonment tool enables users to learn when a potential customer has begun the transaction process for a product, but has left items in their shopping cart for a designated period of time without completing the purchase.
Using this information, you are empowered to create automated emails that target these customers and encourage them to follow through with the product they are considering. This article will detail how to configure the shopping cart abandonment tool.
Accessing Shopping Cart Abandonment Settings
Shopping cart abandonment can be used to:
- Send automated follow-up emails to leads who have begun but not completed an online transaction
- Pull transaction data into dynamic email content
- Incorporate shopping cart abandonment rules into automations
To access shopping cart abandonment settings, do the following:
- Click Settings in the left toolbar.
- Click Sites, located under Tracking in the left panel.
- Select a site to add abandonment settings to.
- Click the General tab.
- Select a time to list a cart as abandoned under Shopping Cart Abandonment Settings.
- Click Save Changes.
- Integrate your shopping cart.
Important: While Shopping Cart Abandonment was created to work with a variety of platforms, the implementation and ease of use will vary by platform. Lead Gen & CRM recommends having a developer handle implementing abandonment.
Adding Abandonment Widgets to Emails
Before setting up automation that fires the abandonment email, you will need to add the abandonment widget to that email. This widget will automatically place the contents of the abandoned cart into the email. This way, you can send your visitors an email encouraging them to purchase the items that were abandoned.
To add a shopping cart abandonment widget, do the following:
- Click Email in the left toolbar.
- Create or edit an email.
- Click Shopping Cart Abandonment in the left panel.
- Select the site that has your shopping cart.
- Drag-and-drop one of the four widgets into your email:
• Cart list with images
• Cart list with totals
• Cart list with images and prices
• Cart list with images and description
• View Cart Button
• Cart list with all elements
- Click Save.
Note: The type of widget that you choose will determine what shows up in your email. If you choose a cart list with totals and not with images, then the list of the items that were abandoned in the cart will show without images.
Utilizing Abandonment Automation
The shopping cart abandonment tool can be triggered by a workflow.
To create an abandonment workflow, do the following:
- Click Automation > Visual Workflows in the left toolbar.
- Create or edit a visual workflow.
- Click + Add > Trigger under Start or an applicable workflow item.
- Click abandons a shopping cart, located under Site.
- Enter the desired site to set abandonment for in the Enter Site Name field.
- Click OK.
- Click + Add under the shopping cart abandonment trigger.
- Add applicable filters, actions, time delays, or action groups to the trigger.