SharpSpring enables you to create Custom Fields and add them to forms. Custom Fields can be used to trigger automation workflows, segment contacts to a list, inform sales people and more.
The following User Roles have access to create custom fields:
Follow these steps to create a custom field.
Step One: On the toolbar right-side, click the User Settings button, then in the drop-down, select Settings.
Alternatively, you can click the + New button, then in the drop-down, select Custom Field. If you do this, skip to Step Four.
Step Two: On the left-side Settings panel, under Features, click Custom Fields.
Step Three: On the right top of the page, click the + Add Field button.
Choose from one of the following field types:
- Lead Field - appears only on contacts
- Account field - appears only on accounts
- Opportunity field - appears only on opportunities
Step Four: After selecting which type of field you'd like to create, enter the Field Label or name of your new custom field.
If you selected Lead Field, these options will be available underneath the field name.
- Visible in contact manager - appears on contact’s pages
- Available when creating forms - available to use a form field
- Email Merge variable - available as a merge variable when sending emails
- Editable in contact manager - able to make changes to the field’s content within the contact page. This field is always checked.
If you selected Opportunity Field, you may want to select the Required action as without values in these fields, a notification will display specifying the required fields.
- Upon Creation
- Upon Close/Archive
- Upon Closed Won
- Upon Closed Lost
Step Five: Select the Field Type (i.e., Radio Group, Checkbox, Drop Down Select Group, etc.). For more information on custom field types check out our help article Custom Fields Breakdown.
Step Six: When you have finished, on the bottom right, click Create Field.
TIP! When a lead fills out a custom field on a form, that information will display in form fill-out notification emails. More information on how to set up form fill-out notifications, click to review the article Setting up Form Fill Notification.