Personas are fictional representations of your customer audiences, designed to produce higher conversions by making personalized messaging simple. This article provides an overview of the feature.
What are Personas?
Personas are a combination of information and attributes unique to a specific audience. Every persona is made of the following:
Persona Card, containing:
- Persona Name: the friendly name we give our persona. This name will appear on the Marketing Profile for a lead.
- Persona Title: the title for the persona.
- Persona Answer: if you are using personas in forms, this is the value that appears in the field dropdown. Choose something that will resonate with the leads you are trying to segment. Example: "Manager of the Marketing Department".
- Avatar: choose from a library of images to add to the persona.
- Bio: a summary of the type of individuals we are attempting to identify.
Persona Usage Graph
- View the total number of leads and contacts added to the persona in the last 30 days.
- The first perimeter has a section for each active persona. Hovering over each section will specify the persona and the percentage of leads/contacts assigned.
- The outer perimeter shows the distribution of leads and contacts as a percentage, for the specified persona.
Custom Widgets and Stories
- Demographics Widgets: supplemental information for the persona, text entry fields only. Examples: Job Keywords, Job Experience, Education Level, etc.
- Section Widgets: intended to capture information unique to your business. Choose from horizontal bars, range set, or sliders to display widget information. Examples: Purchasing Habits, Product Needs, etc.
- Custom Stories: text area fields used to capture any additional information. Examples: Pain Points, Unique Selling Proposition, Fears & Aspirations, etc.
How Personas are Assigned
Leads or Contacts can be assigned a persona in three ways:
- Self-identify on a SharpSpring Form. Every SharpSpring Form has the option to add the persona field. When leads submit the form, they will be prompted to self-identify to a persona by completing this field.
- Assignment as a Workflow Action. The Lead Edit Event change lead persona can be used as a workflow action.
- Manual Assignment. Every lead record has a Marketing Profile section which displays lead status, persona, and lead score. Users can manually assign or update the persona for a lead at any time by clicking the persona button under the lead's Marketing Profile.
Ready to Learn more?
Now that we understand personas, explore how to use the feature across SharpSpring.
- Creating Personas
- Adding the Persona Form Field
- Using Personas in Automation
- Dynamic Emails with Personas
- Dynamic Landing Pages with Personas
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How many Personas can I create?
A. There are no limits to the number of Personas that can be created.
Q. Can I build a dynamic list based on Personas?
A. Yes, persona assignment is available as both a trigger and filter in automation.
Q. What does a lead see on a SharpSpring form if the persona selection has already been assigned?
A. The Persona Answer for the assigned persona will autofill into the field.