SharpSpring's marketing automation platform has a large number of email templates that you can use to create emails that represent your brand in the best way possible. If you prefer, you can also create a custom email templates by modifying existing templates. This article will show how to copy and modify email templates.
The following user roles have access to create and edit emails:
- Marketing Managers
Copying and Modifying Templates
- In the top toolbar in the SharpSpring application, click Content > Email Templates.
- Click on a template folder.
- Hover over the email you want to copy.
- Click Settings > Copy Template.
- In the pop-up window that appears, enter a name for your template.
- Click the Copy Template button.
- In the email designer window that appears, create your email.
A Note on the Email Designer
The email designer takes any of the styles in the HTML for Email Standard Styles, pulls them into the database, and removes them from the HTML. Do not be alarmed when these styles are removed from the HTML in the View Code mode.
The email designer will look at the first <style> element in the <head> of the HTML and find the CSS for the relevant classes. If the styles are transparent, that means the color is not in the database. It is either in the email’s standard styles or in the head of the email. If that happens, the color will be set in the database. Though it no longer shows in the head, it will appear.
Use these styles to ensure that your desired global styles are brought in by the email designer. If you make a template outside the SharpSpring application and import it, you will need to put styles in the head.