Your subscribers open email on a variety of apps and devices, each with their own rendering quirks that affect email performance. You can create render tests in SharpSpring to see exactly how your email looks in the most popular email clients. The renders created in SharpSpring are pulled from our partnership with Litmus and are billed separately. This article will provide information on how to render emails.
The following user roles have access to generate email render tests:
- Marketing Managers
Litmus Testing: Video Walkthrough
The following video details the many aspects of Litmus testing.
To create email renders, do the following:
- In the top toolbar in SharpSpring, click Content > Emails.
- Click the Edit Email button on the email you want to render.
- In the Email Designer, click Litmus Test > Run New Test.
- Enter the necessary information into the Select a Contact field.
Note: The lead will not be emailed. This is for testing purposes only. That said, any merge variables used within the tested email will be populated with the information for the selected lead.
- Select the clients you would like your email to test against.
- Click Run Test.
Important: Once you click Run Test, you will be billed separately for each client you select.
- In the pop-up window that appears, do one of the following:
• Click the thumbnail to view the email as it will be in the selected client.
• Click X to return to the Email Designer.
• Click Litmus Test > Date to see a dated listing of previous render tests.
Important: If you make changes to your email after running a render test, you will have to run a new render test to see the updated version.
Important: Each time you select Run New Test, you will be billed again for the clients you select.
Litmus Test Pricing
Pricing in US dollars for running Litmus Tests in SharpSpring is outlined below. The actual value should be displayed in your billed currency.
- $1.00 for any two of the Common Rendering Clients
- $2.00 for more than two of the Common Rendering Clients (with a maximum of six clients)
- $1.50 for any number of the Speciality Clients
|Common Rendering Clients:|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Does this mean I can run a render test against all available email clients for $3.50?
Q. Does my email render test expire?
A. Yes. Litmus only stores email render tests for up to six months. After six months, these tests are deleted by Litmus and are no longer accessible in SharpSpring.