Hidden fields are fields that are invisible to a person who is filling out the form.
These are used for collecting information that cannot be edited by the user.
This article will detail how to create hidden fields.
Hidden fields are invisible to users filling out a form. Hidden fields can also be used to detect whether a bot submitted the form information.
Human users cannot even view the hidden field, but bots can view the field. If that field is filled out, you will know that a bot filled it out instead of a human user.
To add a hidden field to Lead Gen & CRM, do the following:
- Click Settings in the left toolbar.
- Click Custom Fields, located under Features in the left panel.
- Click Add Field > Lead Field.
Click to enlarge.
- Enter a name for the field in the Field Label text box.
- Important: Creating custom fields with the same name as available system fields results in those system fields being rendered invisible and unusable in the platform. Contact Constant Contact Support to restore system fields.
- Click the Hidden radio button in the Field Type section.
- Click Create Field.
Important: Customers that use the legacy plans "SharpSpring CRM PRO" and "SharpSpring Free CRM" are limited to 20 custom fields.
You can edit fields as necessary.
To turn an existing field into a hidden field, do the following: