SharpSpring enables you to link your configured Google AdWords account to track website usage from Google Analytics. This article will detail how to connect AdWords to SharpSpring.
The following user roles can connect AdWords to SharpSpring:
- Administrators (with administrator access to Google AdWords and ValueTrack)
Campaigns are accessed through the toolbar.
- Connecting an AdWords Account
- Saving ValueTrack Parameters
- Matching AdWords Keywords to Tracked Leads
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Ready to Learn More?
Connecting an AdWords Account
To add a Google AdWords account, do the following:
Important: This tab must remain open during the remainder of the process. Connection will fail if this tab is closed.
Saving ValueTrack Parameters
Once the connection between SharpSpring and AdWords is established, you will need to save your ValueTrack parameters. To do so, do the following:
Note: If you are not using the default suggested parameters of keyword and creative, then these words will vary depending on the custom parameters that have been set up in your Google AdWords account.
Matching AdWords Keywords to Tracked Leads
With ValueTrack parameters, SharpSpring allows you to pass in valuable keyword data that is generated from advertising clicks. Your ValueTrack parameters can be found in different locations within AdWords, depending on how your account is set up.
Generally, you can locate your ValueTrack parameters in AdWords by doing the following:
Attribution does not happen retroactively to leads already in SharpSpring. For assistance with setting up ValueTrack parameters within AdWords, refer to Google's help documentation or contact the Adwords Support team.
Note: If you are using the default suggested parameters keyword and creative, your Tracking Template should read as follows:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I keep getting a No Ad Performance Data found error in Google AdWords. What could be the problem?
A: There are many issues that could be at the heart of this problem. Consider the following:
- Check if the account in AdWords is a client account that is managed by your agency.
- Ensure that active campaigns found in the client's AdWords account are displaying activity.
- Verify that auto-tagging has been enabled.
- Confirm that the tracking template has been placed in the account settings. If it has, confirm that no other tracking templates exist on either a campaign level or an ad group level.
Above all, Google will not push data into SharpSpring if the connected AdWords account has zero active campaigns, or if zero activity is found for all of the active campaigns.