With SharpSpring’s new landing page and blog articles features, you can publish blog articles directly into a landing page. In this help document, you will be shown how to create a blog article, blog category, and how to publish the blog article in a landing page and/or funnel.
Create the Blog Category
- Step 1: Under the Blog Articles section in Pages, click the OPTIONS Icon on the top right and select “New Article Category”
- Step 2: A modal will pop up, name the Blog Category and select Create Category to save.
Create the Blog Article
- Step 1: Under the same Blog Articles section in Pages, click the OPTIONS Icon on the top right and select “New Article”
- Step 2: A modal will pop up, name the Blog Article and select Create Article to save.
- Step 3: In the left column, please fill out the empty fields with the desired title, slug, author, language and category for this blog article.
- (Note: A slug is the name you choose to be attached to the corresponding blog article’s URL. For example if a blog article has the slug “robots” and the subdomain for the blog is blog.machines.com, then the url for the blog article will be displayed as blog.machine.com/robots)
- Step 4: Once you have edited the fields mentioned above, you can write your blog article in the editor. Similar to the email designer, you can drag and drop different layout elements, text, images, videos, etc. When you consider the content for the blog article complete, click Save Changes
Create the Blog Landing Page
- Step 1: Under the same Pages section in the top navigation bar, select Page Templates
- Step 2: From the green drop-down menu, select “Make A Blog”
- Step 3: You will then be able to choose from blog templates in the form of either a single blog page or blog funnel.
- Step 4: Select a single page or funnel template that is appealing to you, and click pencil icon
- Step 5: This will prompt a modal, where you will name this Blog landing page, and click Create Funnel
- Step 6: In the landing page editor, you will see a placeholder blog articles element that says “No Article Found”. Double click this element block
- Step 7: Blog Category Settings will appear to your right, where you will select the category we built out earlier.
- Step 8: Go to Page settings, scroll down to the bottom of the left column, and click Publish
Congratulations, you have now published a blog in SharpSpring!