SharpSpring makes it easy to integrate with Salesforce.
While SharpSpring does boast its own CRM, SharpSpring also enables you to use Salesforce if you are currently using it as your CRM.
These are the requirements that you must meet in order to use the Salesforce integration.
- Must be using one of the following Salesforce editions: Enterprise, Unlimited, Professional, and Performance Editions.
- The CRM user needs to be an Admin in Salesforce.
- The CRM user needs to have Marketing User Privileges.
- The CRM user needs to have modify all data selected within the system administrator profile of Salesforce.
- Password expiration within Salesforce needs to be turned off.
- Inside of SharpSpring, you need to enter your Salesforce username, password and user token to complete the integration.
- API Access must be turned on, which is enabled by default for Enterprise, Unlimited, and Performance Edition. For the Professional Edition, all requests for API access must be purchased through Salesforce support.
- Leads are synced bidirectionally with Salesforce.
- As leads are deleted in Salesforce, they will be deactivated in SharpSpring. In order for a lead to be reactivated, the lead must fill out a form or be re-imported via the import tool.
- In the Salesforce Section of the Settings page, there is a tab called “Lead Field Mapping”. Within this tab, you will be able to decide what lead fields you would like synced, on a field-by-field basis. This allows nearly every field to be mapped from Salesforce to SharpSpring, and vice versa.
- For each field, it's possible to select whether SharpSpring values will override Salesforce values via the “push” option, whether Salesforce values will override SharpSpring values via the “pull” option or whether any conflicts will be handled via the “bidirectional” option.
- Lead score can be pushed from SharpSpring to Salesforce. Simply create a custom field in salesforce and use the SharpSpring mapping tool to map “Lead Score” to that custom field. You can also create a Lead Score Widget within Salesforce.
- Any campaign associations will be synchronized with Salesforce.
- Any lead ownership associations will be synchronized with Salesforce, provided the lead owners are mapped to SharpSpring accounts.
- A Lead Hyperlink Widget is a link that will funnel SharpSpring information regarding a lead into Salesforce. It will provide you with a quick glance at the pertinent details for the lead. This link will give you quick access to SharpSpring's memberships and assignments related to Life of a Lead, Lists, Workflows, pending emails and Campaigns.
- Key Communication Events will funnel into the Salesforce event history. Included in this communication history will be form fill-outs and email history.
- Contacts are synced bidirectionally with Salesforce.
- In the Salesforce section of the Settings page, there is a tab called “Contact Field Mapping”. Within this tab, you will be able to decide what contact fields you would like synced, on a field-by-field basis. This allows nearly every field to be mapped from Salesforce to SharpSpring and vice versa.
- As with lead synchronization, key communication events will be pushed to Salesforce for each contact.
- We perform a single-directional synchronization on opportunities.
Lead, Contact, Opportunity Owner Synchronization
In order to synchronize user accounts with Salesforce, we require you to select a Salesforce account for each SharpSpring user account. To map a SharpSpring account:
- Navigate to the settings page, and under the “My Company” section, click user accounts.
- Click the gear next to an account and select “Edit.”
- Click the checkbox “This user has a CRM account.”
- Select a CRM account for the user and click “Save Changes.”
- At this point, any leads, contacts or opportunities associated with that user account will have that association synced bidirectionally.