SharpSpring makes it easy to integrate with Salesforce.
While SharpSpring does boast its own CRM, SharpSpring also enables you to use Salesforce if you are currently using it as your CRM.
These are the requirements that you must meet in order to use the Salesforce integration.
- Must be using one of the following Salesforce editions: Enterprise, Unlimited, Professional, and Performance Editions.
- The CRM user needs to be an Admin in Salesforce.
- The CRM user needs to have Marketing User Privileges.
- The CRM user needs to have modify all data selected within the system administrator profile of Salesforce.
- Password expiration within Salesforce needs to be turned off.
- Inside of SharpSpring, you need to enter your Salesforce username, password and user token to complete the integration.
- API Access must be turned on, which is enabled by default for Enterprise, Unlimited, and Performance Edition. For the Professional Edition, all requests for API access must be purchased through Salesforce support.
- Leads are synced bidirectionally with Salesforce.
- As leads are deleted in Salesforce, they will be deactivated in SharpSpring. In order for a lead to be reactivated, the lead must fill out a form or be re-imported via the import tool.
- In the Salesforce Section of the Settings page, there is a tab called “Lead Field Mapping”. Within this tab, you will be able to decide what lead fields you would like synced, on a field-by-field basis. This allows nearly every field to be mapped from Salesforce to SharpSpring, and vice versa.
- For each field, it's possible to select whether SharpSpring values will override Salesforce values via the “push” option, whether Salesforce values will override SharpSpring values via the “pull” option or whether any conflicts will be handled via the “bidirectional” option.
- Lead score can be pushed from SharpSpring to Salesforce. Simply create a custom field in salesforce and use the SharpSpring mapping tool to map “Lead Score” to that custom field. You can also create a Lead Score Widget within Salesforce.
- Any lead ownership associations will be synchronized with Salesforce, provided the lead owners are mapped to SharpSpring accounts.
- A Lead Hyperlink Widget is a link that will funnel SharpSpring information regarding a lead into Salesforce. It will provide you with a quick glance at the pertinent details for the lead. This link will give you quick access to SharpSpring's memberships and assignments related to Life of a Lead, Lists, Workflows, pending emails and Campaigns.
- Key Communication Events will funnel into the Salesforce event history. Included in this communication history will be form fill-outs and email history.
- Contacts are synced bidirectionally with Salesforce.
- In the Salesforce section of the Settings page, there is a tab called “Contact Field Mapping”. Within this tab, you will be able to decide what contact fields you would like synced, on a field-by-field basis. This allows nearly every field to be mapped from Salesforce to SharpSpring and vice versa.
- As with lead synchronization, key communication events will be pushed to Salesforce for each contact.
- We perform a single-directional synchronization on opportunities.
Lead, Contact, Opportunity Owner Synchronization
In order to synchronize user accounts with Salesforce, we require you to select a Salesforce account for each SharpSpring user account. To map a SharpSpring account:
- Navigate to the settings page, and under the “My Company” section, click user accounts.
- Click the gear next to an account and select “Edit.”
- Click the checkbox “This user has a CRM account.”
- Select a CRM account for the user and click “Save Changes.”
- At this point, any leads, contacts or opportunities associated with that user account will have that association synced bidirectionally.
Connecting Salesforce to SharpSpring
Connecting your Salesforce account to SharpSpring is quick and simple. This guide will take you through the steps to set up a seamless, two-way integration between SharpSpring and Salesforce. Let's get started.
Salesforce integration currently supports Enterprise, Unlimited, Professional, and Performance editions
Note: Once you have successfully connected Salesforce to SharpSpring, the Sales tab will be removed and all sales activity is expected to be conducted within Salesforce
CRM User Needs to be an Admin with Marketing User Privileges
Important: Prior to beginning the sync, please ensure to backup your Salesforce data. For more information on the backup process, please refer to the following Salesforce support articles:
Steps to connect Salesforce to SharpSpring:
Before we begin, check the user settings in Salesforce to make sure you are an "Admin", that the "Marketing User" checkbox is selected, and that the "Modify All Data" checkbox is also selected.
*If you are using Web-to-Lead in Salesforce, make sure that you do not have a Default Response Template enabled. If you do, when Leads are sync'd with Salesforce from SharpSpring, Salesforce recognizes that as a "form submission" event which will trigger an email to Leads with the content of the Default Response Template.
Step 1: Open Salesforce and click on your username near the top of the app.
Step 2: Select "Setup" in the drop down menu.
Step 3: In the left side panel, click on "My Personal Information." It's located under the "Personal" section of the panel.
Step 4: Click on "Personal Information" in the drop down list.
Step 5: Click on the "Edit" button.
Step 6: At the top of the table on the right side, click on the "Role" drop down menu and select "admin."
Step 7: Place a checkmark in the box next to the "Marketing User" role.
You have successfully met two of the Salesforce integration requirements.
Set Salesforce Password to Never Expire
You will need to make sure that your Salesforce password does not expire as this will disconnect the Salesforce API from SharpSpring. The following steps should help ensure that your password does not expire unexpectedly.
Step 1: Click on your user name near the top of Salesforce.
Step 2: Select "Setup" in the drop down menu.
Step 3: In the left side panel, click on "Security Controls." It's located under the "Administration Setup" section of the panel
Step 4: Click on "Password Policies" in the drop down list.
Step 5: In the "User passwords expire in" drop down box, select "Never expires."
Now, your Salesforce password shouldn't expire unexpectedly.
Input your Salesforce Credentials into SharpSpring
Next, you will need to input your Salesforce username, password and security token in SharpSpring. More information on how to get your Salesforce security token can be found here.
These steps will show you where you need to put your Salesforce credentials in SharpSpring.
Step 1: Click on the gray User Settings button in the top right corner of SharpSpring.
Step 2: Select Settings in the drop down menu.
Step 3: Click on Salesforce in the left side panel. It's located under the "3rd Party Settings" sections of the panel.
Step 4: Type in your username, password and security token in the fields provided.
Step 5: Click on the green Connect to Salesforce button.
Choose which type of additional marketing events you want to sync to Salesforce as activities on a lead or contact record.
Form Submissions: Indicates when a user fills out a form
Marketing Email Sends: An activity log showing when an email has been sent through SharpSpring
Marketing Email Opens: An activity log showing when an email sent through SharpSpring has been opened
Marketing Email Clicks: An activity showing the first time a link is clicked in an email sent through SharpSpring
Page Visits: An indicating that the user has visited a tracked page.