|While SharpSpring uses its own CRM, the platform also enables you to use Salesforce if you are currently using it as your CRM. Salesforce integration currently supports Enterprise, Unlimited, Professional, and Performance editions. This article will detail how to integrate Salesforce with SharpSpring.
These are the requirements that you must meet in order to use the Salesforce integration:
- You must be using either the Enterprise, Unlimited, Professional, or Performance edition of Salesforce.
- The CRM user must be an administrator in Salesforce.
- The CRM user must have Marketing User privileges.
- The CRM user must have modify all data selected within the system administrator profile of Salesforce.
- Password expiration within Salesforce must be turned off.
- API Access must be turned on, which is enabled by default for Enterprise, Unlimited, and Performance editions. For the Professional edition, all requests for API access must be purchased through Salesforce support.
Backing Up Salesforce Data
Prior to beginning the integration process, back up your Salesforce data. For more information on backing up Salesforce data, refer to the following external Salesforce support articles:
To prepare to integrate Salesforce, do the following:
Note: If you have a default response template enabled, when leads are synchronized with Salesforce from SharpSpring, Salesforce recognizes that as a form submission event. That will trigger an email to leads with the content of the default response template.
To integrate Salesforce, do the following:
Important: Once you have successfully connected Salesforce to SharpSpring, the Sales tab will be removed. And all sales activity is expected to be conducted within Salesforce.
Setting Salesforce Passwords to Never Expire
You will need to make sure that your Salesforce password does not expire. If the password expires, it will disconnect the Salesforce API from SharpSpring. To ensure that your password does not expire unexpectedly, do the following:
Entering Salesforce Credentials into SharpSpring
After setting password expiration, you will need to input your Salesforce username, password, and security token in SharpSpring. To put your Salesforce credentials in SharpSpring, do the following:
Important: Back up all of your Salesforce data before integrating Salesforce with SharpSpring.
|Salesforce allows you to sync marketing events as activities on a lead or contact record. Choose which type of additional marketing events you want to sync to Salesforce as activities on a lead or contact record:||
Click to enlarge.
|Indicates when a user fills out a form.|
An activity log showing when an email has been sent through
An activity log showing when an email sent through SharpSpring
An activity showing the first time a link is clicked in an email
|Indicates that the user has visited a tracked page.|
When SharpSpring and Salesforce synchronize lead information, consider the following:
- Leads are synced bidirectionally with Salesforce.
- As leads are deleted in Salesforce, they will be deactivated in SharpSpring. In order for a lead to be reactivated, the lead must fill out a form or be re-imported via the Import Tool.
- In the Salesforce section of the Settings page is the Lead Field Mapping tab. Within this tab, you will be able to decide what lead fields you would like synced on a field-by-field basis. This allows nearly every field to be mapped from Salesforce to SharpSpring, and vice versa.
- For each field, it is possible to select whether SharpSpring values will override Salesforce values via the Push option, whether Salesforce values will override SharpSpring values via the Pull option, or whether any conflicts will be handled via the Two-way option.
- Lead scores can be pushed from SharpSpring to Salesforce.
- Any lead ownership associations will be synchronized with Salesforce, provided the lead owners are mapped to SharpSpring accounts.
- A Lead Hyperlink Widget is a link that will funnel SharpSpring information regarding a lead into Salesforce. It will provide you with a quick glance at the pertinent details for the lead. This link will give you quick access to SharpSpring's memberships and assignments related to the Life of the Lead, lists, workflows, pending emails, and campaigns.
- Key communication events will funnel into the Salesforce event history. Included in this communication history will be form fill-outs and email history.
When SharpSpring and Salesforce synchronize contact information, consider the following:
- Contacts are synced bidirectionally with Salesforce.
- In the Salesforce section of the Settings page is the Contact Field Mapping tab. Within this tab, you will be able to decide what contact fields you would like synced on a field-by-field basis. This allows nearly every field to be mapped from Salesforce to SharpSpring, and vice versa.
- As with lead synchronization, key communication events will be pushed to Salesforce for each contact.
When SharpSpring and Salesforce synchronize lead information, SharpSpring performs a single-directional synchronization on opportunities.
In order to synchronize user accounts with Salesforce, SharpSpring requires you to select a Salesforce account for each SharpSpring user account. To map a SharpSpring account, do the following:
At this point, any leads, contacts or opportunities associated with that user account will have that association synced bidirectionally.