|SharpSpring offers a several different ways to segment leads. Contact tags are a way to group any number of contacts together under a similar label.
Contacts can have multiple tags associated with them, which can make organizing them easier. You can use contact tags to create a list or as a trigger in automation.
This article will detail how to add, edit, and utilize custom tags in SharpSpring.
Adding and Editing Contact Tags
To add and edit contact tags in SharpSpring, do the following:
When adding or editing contact tags, be aware of the following:
- Clicking Edit Tags will display all tags currently attributed to the contact.
- Clicking the Select a group text box when it does not have text in it will display all tags across all contacts.
Marketing Automation: Contact Tags
To use contact tags in the Visual Workflow Builder, do the following:
Reasons to Use Contact Tags
There are many reasons to use contact tags. Consider the following:
- Tags can be used to highlight the business relationships contacts have with you. For example, a contact can be a partner, vendor, or someone otherwise special to your business. Contact tags allow you to categorize those contacts using many different tags. You can sort or filter them as needed.
- Tags can be used to emphasize demographics. These demographics can include such information as location, revenue, or company size. For example, you can add state or province tags to a contact so that you can have regional representatives keep in touch with them.
- Tags can be entirely personal. You can tag contacts with personal information, like a birthday or sign-up anniversary. Tagging contacts with such information allows you to engage with more personal interactions, such as a special offer on their birthday or sign-up anniversary.