Testing an automation before it goes live is critical. SharpSpring offers a Test Mode in Action Groups that shortens the time between actions, so you can feel out how the email drip or actions play out. For example, a long email drip series over the course of many weeks can be switched to Test Mode so you can receive every email in that drop series with only one minute separating each action.
The following users can test action groups:
- Marketing Manager
Enabling test mode for action groups
Before getting started, you will need to have already created an action group. For more information check out the help article Creating an Action Group.
Step One: On the toolbar, hover over Automation, then in the drop-down, click Action Groups.
Step Two: Search for and locate your Action Group, then click the title.
Step Three: From the top right corner, click the gray drop-down menu and click Enable Test Mode
Testing action groups
There are two ways that you can test an action group with Test Mode: Either add yourself to the action group or schedule the action group to a list that includes yourself. These options are detailed below.
Option 1: Locate yourself in the Contact Manager and from the options drop-down, click Add to an action group and select the action group that is in Test Mode. Note: This is only available if the action group is available in the Contact Manager.
Option 2: Test this by applying the action group to a list with your contact. Locate a list containing yourself and only those you want to receive the test emails and from the options drop-down click Schedule Action Group for List
Important Notes About Test Mode
1. All workflow events are repeatable.
2. Each action group event will execute one minute after the preceding event.
3. The workflow will be able to be scheduled 5 times in Test Mode after which the workflow will automatically revert out of Test Mode (back to normal).
4. Test Mode is set on a “per action group” basis (in the Action Group edit screen).
5. Test Mode is NOT the equivalent of "Deactivated". Even though the workflow is set to Test Mode, the workflow WILL affect live leads if the workflow is coupled with an active Automation Task.