Testing an automation before it goes live is critical. SharpSpring offers a test mode for action groups that shortens the time between actions. This way, you can see how the email drip or actions play out. With the test mode activated, a long email drip series (one over the course of many weeks) can send you every email in that series with only one minute separating each action. This article will provide information on the test mode.
The following user roles can test action groups:
- Marketing Managers
- Enabling Test Mode
- Disabling Test Mode
- Adding Yourself to Testing
- Scheduling Yourself to a List
- Test Mode Considerations
- Ready to Learn More?
Enabling Test Mode
To enable the test mode for an action group, do the following:
Disabling Test Mode
To disable the test mode for an action group, do the following:
Adding Yourself to Testing
To add yourself to an action group in test mode, do the following:
This feature is only available if the action group is available in the Contact Manager.
Scheduling Yourself to a List
To schedule yourself to an action group in test mode, do the following:
When sending to a list that you are attached to, be sure that any others attached to the list are only those you want to receive the test emails.
Test Mode Considerations
When setting an action group to test mode, consider the following:
- All workflow events are repeatable.
- Each action group event will execute one minute after the preceding event.
- The workflow will be able to be scheduled five times in test mode. After these five schedules, the workflow will automatically revert out of test mode.
- Test mode is set on a per action group basis.
- Test mode is not the equivalent of a deactivated action group. Even though the workflow is set to test mode, the workflow will affect live leads if the workflow is coupled with an active automation task.