The SharpSpring application offers a fully functional text processor in its inline editor for emails and landing pages. This article will go over the functions of the inline email editor.
The following user roles can use the inline email editor:
- Marketing Managers
The + Menu
The + menu offers a host of in-depth, complex modifiers for a document. The + menu is the place to go when looking for what you can insert into an email.
The + menu includes the following menu options:
- Media: In SharpSpring, you can upload or link to media assets and create trackable links for them. These trackable links can be used in list building and automation, and also provide analytics on who has clicked your media. Select the media you want to add, then the trackable link to insert the link in the email. A video asset will produce a thumbnail while any other media type will include your trackable link.
- Image: You can post images in your emails by using this menu option. The images will appear as images, and not as links. The images will be able to be scaled in the inline editor.
- Shutterstock: If you are looking for a high-quality, topic-oriented image, you can select and post Shutterstock images into your email. Like other images, Shutterstock images will be posted as images, not links. Be aware that your will have to purchase the images to remove the Shutterstock watermark.
- Link: You can post links in the email, or turn a block of text into a clickable hyperlink.
- Formats: You can change text into formatted text or other text entities. Examples include header styles and bolded text.
- Special Character: Certain special characters and symbols that are not normally available on a keyboard can be inserted into text. Examples include Greek letters and mathematical symbols.
- Horizontal Line: This menu option allows you to insert a horizontal line at a given location. These lines make for excellent text or section dividers.
- Anchor: You can place anchor tags that allow email viewers to move from section to section.
- Page Break: Page breaks tell a display device to stop displaying a page (or a printing device where to stop printing the current page) and begin with the next page.
- Date/Time: You can insert the current date and time. Different international formats are available.
- Nonbreaking Space: Nonbreaking spaces are spaces that prohibit two words from being separated by word wrapping. Instead of one word ending a line and the next beginning a new line, the two words will remain together on one line.
The Paragraph Menu
The Paragraph menu allows you to modify how text sections are displayed. This is the menu to go to when trying to create structured, uniform sections of text.
The Paragraph menu includes the following menu options:
- Header: Headers are text entities that are visibly distinct from other text. There are various headers available, with each being a various size and color.
- Preformatted: This text entity style is set in Courier font. It is regarded as the default font for presenting code.
The Font Menus
|The Font menus consist of the font and font size options available in the inline editor. These menus provide you with the ability to customize just how your text reads.
The Font menus include the following menu options:
- Fonts: The inline editor supports many different fonts. Choose a font from this list to adjust the text in your email.
- Font Size: The size of a character, word, or phrase can be changed to suit your needs.
The Table Menu
|The Table menu is where to go when you want to insert some structure into your document. Tables keep information orderly, and they provide a means to display information in a compact manner.
The Table menu includes the following menu options:
- Table: This allows you to insert a table. A menu will appear that lists a grid for how many rows and columns the table can populate with.
- Table Properties: This allows you to modify the properties of a selected table, such as overall dimensions and border width.
- Delete Table: This allows you to delete a selected table.
- Cell: This allows you to modify a cell’s properties, split a cell, or merge a cell.
- Row: This allows you to modify, insert, or delete a row.
- Column: This allows you to insert or delete a row.
The Source Code Button
|The Source Code button allows you to bypass the inline editor and directly edit the email’s source code. This provides an extra degree of customizability by directly editing how the document will appear on a web page.|
The Merge Variables Menu
The Merge Variables button allows you to insert a merge variable. Merge variables are useful when sending emails to many different contacts.
For more information on merge variables, refer to Adding Merge Variables to an Email.