Normally, advertising is part of constructed paid campaigns. These campaigns are meticulously planned from inception to implementation and, in the digital sphere, rely on paying to display advertisements on a website. There are times, however, when an advertising campaign eschews this planning and has a more unplanned, natural flow that relies on free tools and social interaction. This type of campaign is considered to be organic. This article will provide an overview on organic campaigns in SharpSpring.
The following user roles have access to campaigns:
- Company Managers
- Marketing Managers
- Sales Managers
Organic Campaign Information
Organic campaigns rely on the digital equivalent of word-of-mouth. As such, most organic campaigns are rooted in social media and play off of distributing created social content and interacting with those who respond. Organic campaigns are used to provide a constant stream of information, visibility, and brand awareness to customers and potential customers.
SharpSpring provides a way to view how well certain organic metrics are contributing to campaign results.
Note: These metrics may appear in the Most Active category, and not in the Organic/Free category. Additionally, listed metrics may differ from the metrics shown in the above image.
Below is a breakdown of organic campaigns in SharpSpring:
- Bing Search: These are campaigns with contacts that arrive at your web page by way of searching Bing.
- Cannot Recall: These are campaigns with leads who fill out the How Did You Hear About Us field in forms.
- Direct Traffic: These are campaigns that with contacts who visit your campaign page without any referring web pages.
- Google Search: These are campaigns with contacts that arrive at your web page by way of searching Google.
- Previous Customer: These are campaigns that interact with previous contacts or customers.
- VisitorID: These are campaigns that convert anonymous leads into known leads.
- Yahoo Search: These are campaigns with contacts that arrive at your web page by way of searching Yahoo.