You can tie a link within a social post to a campaign, so you can see which leads are interacting with your social media posts. This article will detail the process in linking posts to campaigns.
The following users can associate social posts with campaigns:
- Marketing Managers
Associating Social Posts with Campaigns
To associate social posts with campaigns, do the following:
- Create or edit a campaign.
- Scroll to the bottom of the campaign settings page for that campaign.
- Check the box that says Allow social posts to be associated with this campaign.
- Click Save Changes.
- Go to New > Social Post.
- Create your post. Once you add the link, and you have social media tracking turned on for a campaign, then you will be able to Add campaign tracking to that post.
- Click the Campaign icon and enter the name of your campaign.
Note: Social Media Tracking must turned on in a campaign's settings page in order to add campaign tracking to a social post.
- Click Submit.
When leads click the link in that social media post, they will be added to the campaign that was selected for that post.
Once submitted, the link in your post will automatically generate a UTM parameter behind the scenes. These UTM codes cannot be edited and can be viewed once you schedule the post and view it in the Content Calendar.
If you have multiple UTM codes tied to multiple campaigns, then they will be evaluated in the following order:
- Custom campaign tracking rules