To create a conversion goal:
- From your dashboard, Click Manage > Create Ad Conversion.
- Give the conversion goal a name. We'll use "Sign Up" for this example.
- Select a Method for the conversion. On my site, everyone who signs up for a free trial is sent to a page with a URL of "/thankyou.html" after signing up. So, I use the "Path" method, and enter /thankyou.html as the path.
- Set a revenue value. How much is this conversion worth to you? We'll use this value to calculate various campaign statistics, so it's important to enter a value that makes sense here. (Leave this box blank if you don't wish to track revenue. You can also pass through a dynamic revenue value with your conversion.
- Set the conversion counting options. Do you want to count this conversion every time it occurs, once per unique visitor, or once per unique Order ID (if you're sending us that information.) We recommend "Count once per user" if you aren't sure what to use here.
- Click "Create Conversion Goal" to save.