Constant Contact supports and recommends two-factor authentication, as it vastly improves account security. Constant Contact's two-factor authentication works together with applicable authenticator applications to generate a security token. When passwords and security tokens are used together, it becomes much more difficult to lose control of an account.
This article will detail how to configure two-factor authentication using Okta Verify.
Administrators Must Enable Two-Factor Authentication
Lead Gen & CRM instance administrators must enable two-factor authentication for all users. Once enabled, users will be able to select their preferred method of two-factor authentication, including Okta Verify, the Google Authentication App, SMS message or phone call authentication.
After the initial setup process, that method can be used to log in to the Lead Gen & CRM instance going forward.
Setting up Okta Verify
Choose Okta Verify if you have an iPhone or Android device. If you're already using Okta Verify and need help adding a new account, please contact Okta's Support.
To set up a new Okta Verify account, do the following:
- Download the Okta Verify app from your device’s app store and click Next.
- Open the Okta Verify app on your device and click the plus sign (+) in the top right to add an account.
- Select the Organization account type.
- Click Scan a QR Code and then use your device’s camera to scan the QR code provided during the MFA setup.
- Click Done.
- Optional: Click Setup to set up an additional secondary factor for the next method you want to enroll in.
- Click Finish.