Constant Contact supports and recommends two-factor authentication, as it vastly improves account security. Constant Contact's two-factor authentication works together with applicable authenticator applications to generate a security token. When passwords and security tokens are used together, it becomes much more difficult to lose control of an account.
This article will detail how to configure two-factor authentication using the Google Authenticator App.
Administrators Must Enable Two-Factor Authentication
Lead Gen & CRM instance administrators must enable two-factor authentication for all users. Once enabled, users will be able to select their preferred method of two-factor authentication, including the Google Authentication App, Okta Verify, SMS message, or phone call authentication.
After the initial setup process, that method can be used to log in to the Lead Gen & CRM instance going forward.
Setting up Google Authenticator
Choose the Google Authenticator app option if you have an iPhone or Android device. If you're already using Google Authenticator and need help adding a new account, please visit Google's Support.
- Download the Google Authenticator app from your device’s app store and click Next.
- Open the Google Authenticator app on your device and click Get Started.
- Click Scan a QR code.
- Use your device’s camera to scan the QR code on the screen.
- Click Next.
- Enter the code from the Google Authenticator app.
- Click Verify.
- Optional: Click Setup to set up an additional secondary factor for the next method you want to enroll in.
- Click Finish.