Referring or forwarding emails can be used to gather more leads. Referral configuration requires many different moving parts. It is imperative that all aspects of referral content are in place.
This article will detail how to add referral functionality to emails by way of creating custom fields, forms, landing pages, emails, and workflows.
Creating Referral Forms
Referral emails must be attached to referral landing pages. In turn, referral forms are built by using referral fields.
To create a referral form, do the following:
- Click Forms in the left toolbar.
- Create or edit a form.
- In the Fields tab, locate the Referrer Fields section and click Add Field > Standard > Email.
- Click Field Options in the added field.
- Click the Required checkbox.
- Add other referral fields as necessary.
- Rearrange fields and configure the form as necessary.
- Click Save Changes.
Creating Referral Landing Pages
You can add referral forms to landing pages.
To add a created referral form to a landing page, do the following:
- Click Landing Pages in the left toolbar.
- Create or edit a landing page.
- Click Add Content in the left panel.
- Insert one of the following:
- A content block with pre-built form element
- A layout and a form element
- Click Close in the Add Content panel.
- Double-click the added form element.
- Select the created referral form in the Select a Form drop-down menu.
- Configure the rest of the landing page as desired and click Save if Auto-Save is disabled.
- Click Page Settings in the left panel.
- Copy the URL in the Funnel URL - Secure field.
Hold on to this copied URL. You will need it later.
Creating Referral Emails
Once the referral landing page has been created, referral emails can be created to be tied to the landing page and form.
To create a referral email, do the following:
- Click Emails in the left toolbar.
- Create or edit an email.
- Modify the style and design of the email as needed, adding text about referring the email to others such as Forward this email or Refer this email to a friend.
- Select the entered text and click Insert/Edit Link in the Email Designer toolbar.
- Note: If you would prefer to use a button instead of a text link, add a button and paste the referral landing page funnel URL into the Link text box in the Button Designer panel.
- Paste the referral landing page funnel URL in the URL text field.
- Modify other link parameters as desired.
- Click Save.
- Click Save in the email toolbar.
Creating Referral Workflows
The referral process can be automated via a workflow.
Important: The Visual Workflow Builder is not supported in Internet Explorer 11. Use one of the other browsers supported by Lead Gen & CRM to create visual workflows.
To create a referral workflow, do the following:
- Click Automation > Visual Workflows in the left toolbar.
- Create or edit a workflow.
- Click + Add > Trigger under Start or an applicable workflow branch.
- Select is referred on the form, located under Referral.
- Enter the name of the desired referral form in the Form Name text box.
- Click OK.
- Click + Add > Action under the created trigger.
- Select send the email, located under Communication.
- Enter the name of the desired referral email in the Email Name field.
- Click OK.
- Configure the rest of the workflow as desired and set the Workflow is toggle to Active.