|An auto-responder is an email that is sent to any lead that submits the form, even if they are unsubscribed.
This email will be sent multiple times, regardless of whether if it is a repeatable email. This email will be sent every time someone fills out the form.
This article will detail how to add an auto-responder email to forms.
To add an auto-responder email to forms, do the following:
Note: Auto-responders can only be used with SharpSpring forms. They cannot be used with native or third-party forms.
The General Data Protection Regulation
With the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), protections for consent were considered paramount. As a result, conditions and qualifications for consent were vastly improved and otherwise strengthened. With the GDPR, consent is impacted as follows:
- Organizations must speak and write plainly and are disallowed from using unclear, legally worded, or otherwise illegible terms and conditions.
- Requested consent must be provided clearly and must be wholly accessible.
- All requests for consent must clearly state the purpose as to the reason for requesting consent.
- Consent must be able to be withdrawn as easily as it was given.
- Consent is no longer considered as forever and must be reapproved over time.
- In emails, unsubscription links must be readily apparent and visible.
Auto-responder emails are subject to these consent protections. Essentially, you must explicitly state that you are seeking consent from your recipients for the ability to handle and process their data and other information.