Lead Gen & CRM provides you with the ability to segment leads based on a lead's reason for opting in.
This way, you can be in compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) guidelines while having a granular view of lead behavior.
This article will detail how to segment leads by consent reasoning.
Lead Segmentation Reasons
Lead Gen & CRM saves the first opt-in reason for a lead. However, the Informed Consent (GDPR) reason will take precedence over the other available reasons. Leads that have explicitly opted in to receive emails are segmented into five different reasons:
Leads who have filled out a double opt-in form and clicked through the system-generated double opt-in email.
Leads generated from a custom double opt-in workflow.
Leads that have been imported to a list with the Is Opted In system field set to True.
|Opted In Manually
Leads that have that have been manually double opted in through the Double Opt-In to Emails setting from the Contact Record.
Leads generated from a GDPR form fill field. This category takes precedence over all other categories.
Segmenting via Workflows
You can segment leads by opt-in reasoning through the Visual Workflow Builder.
To segment leads, do the following:
- Click Automation > Visual Workflows in the left toolbar.
- Create or edit a visual workflow.
- Click + Add under Start or an applicable branch trigger.
- Depending upon the parent item, click either Trigger or Filter.
- Click is explicitly opted in to receive email, located under Lead.
- Click at least one of the following available checkbox options:
• Form Double Opt-In
• Custom Opt-In
• Opted In Manually by User
• Informed Consent (GDPR)
- Click OK.
- Complete the workflow with other triggers, filters, delays, and action groups.
- Set the workflow to Active.