Lead Gen & CRM can be configured to automatically send lead owners a notification of when their leads visit their websites.
Lead owners can configure these settings to determine the types of leads they will automatically receive notifications for. Auto-notify settings can be set and configured to do this for all leads, or for specific leads.
This article will detail how to configure and manage auto-notify settings.
Managing via User Settings
Auto-notify settings can be changed as needed through your account settings. Auto-notify settings can be configured for all leads, or for specific leads. Be aware that, by default, auto-notify settings have the following options selected:
In addition, by default, email notifications are sent out once per 24-hour period for each day a lead visits the site.
To configure auto-notify settings, do the following:
- Click Settings in the left toolbar.
- Scroll to the Auto-Notify Settings section and select one of the following options:
All contacts you own
A bulk setting that sends notifications for every contact assigned to you when you are set as their lead owner.
Manual selection of
contacts you own
This allows you to choose individual sets of leads based on the type of lead they are.
Disable these settings
Turns off all automatic notifications for leads you own.
- If you selected Manual selection of contacts you own, click any or all of the following options:
Primary contacts on
The primary point of contact for the opportunity.
Secondary contacts on open opportunities
All other relevant points of contact for an opportunity.
This option is only available if the Primary contacts on open opportunities you own option is selected.
Any contact that is associated with a Closed-Won opportunity or has had their lead status set to Customer.
Contacts on accounts
Contacts on any account that you are owner of.
- Optionally, do the following:
- Click the Exclude leads who have visited within the last X days checkbox.
- Enter the desired number of days.
- Click Update Auto-Notify Settings.
Click to enlarge.
Managing via the Contact Manager
You can view which contacts are currently set to automatically notify you through email when they return to your website through the Contact Manager.
To access the auto-notify list and manually select which leads you want to be automatically notified about, do the following:
- Click Contacts in the left toolbar.
- Click Options > Manage Auto-Notify.
- Click Notify next to the contact’s name to turn auto-notify on or off.
When set to automatically notify, the icon will light up.
In addition, you must be logged in to a specific user to see those leads assigned to that user. Users cannot see other users' leads.