We are looking for a way to avoid sending marketing emails to Leads and Contacts that are actively engaged with our sales team. There are several aspects to this:
- Right now we can avoid sending to any Contact specifically associated with a Opportunity by creating a dynamic List with that setting.
- However, often we will have Contacts associated with an Account that we have an Opportunity with who have nothing to do with the Opportunity, and so it doesn't make sense to explicitly add them to it. Having said that, since we have an Opportunity with their Account we don't want to including them in our marketing outreach efforts since this often causes confusion and can create issues with those open Opportunities.
- Second, we often have Contacts who we are engaging with in high-touch manual drip marketing efforts who do not have explicit Opportunities assigned to them. We want to make sure we do not include these people in our general marketing outreach efforts. These individuals have Task associated with them that are Open (or have a future date), and so it would seem that we could create a List of all Contacts with Open Tasks, but we cannot seem to find out how to do this.
So we are looking for best practices advice on how to:
- Avoid emailing Contacts associated with an Account that has an open Opportunity but who are not explicitly assigned to the Opportunity.
- Avoid emailing Contacts who have Open Tasks associated with them.
Please sign in to leave a comment.